The technology used in social media applications and platforms surprises the users daily. One day the developers introduced a new filter for AR. Next, the users are greeted with a separate tab for archiving posts. The possibilities are endless. Reels is the latest strategy introduced by Instagram. It is growing in popularity, and here is how you can do it too:
How to make Instagram Reels?
- The obvious first step involves opening the Instagram application. Go to the camera tab, where you will notice a few camera-related options.
- Select reels from the IGTV, Live, Stories, and Reels option. You will need to swipe sideways to select the appropriate option.
- Now click on the bottom tab that will start recording. It is present in the middle of the lower half of the screen. If you want to edit an already saved video, pick it from the gallery by swiping upward at the screen.
- You can edit the video while you watch a video in the Reels format. You can delete the unsuccessful drafts by click on the next arrow.
- Upon having the final draft, it is time to dazzle the reel video. You can use GIFs or stickers, so it appears more creative. These options are available at the bottom slider in the reels editing tab.
- Please note that interactive stickers such as questions and polls available in stories are not available in reels.
- We are almost to the end! Complete the editing by picking out a cover photo.
- Tap on next.
- Write a creative caption and add a hashtag to increase online traffic toward the reel.
- Select where you wish to publish the real. You can pick from two options; reels or explore page.
- Share your content. It’s live now.
Instagram reels offer the following editing features, which we subtly mention above.
The AR filters
The XR technology storm is taking over social media. These AR and AI filters will make the video look more realistic and creative.
Say you made a very long Reel video. You can speed it up to lower its duration and compress it into a manageable size. The user can also lower the playback speed if he so chooses.
To further boost your inner creativity, you can complete the reel video by adding the appropriate song in the background. It can even be your favorite song at the time if you wish. However, you cannot add original voice recordings to the reels yet. The feature is widely available on TikTok.
What is the best editing style?
The editing feature takes time to master. It is easy to go overboard with editing that distracts the viewers from the primary video content. Moreover, if you do not edit it enough, the underwhelming editing will not resonate with the viewers. It means less engagement and way fewer networking possibilities.
Take some time to edit perfectly. Make reels only for yourself. Ask immediate friends for critic before publishing it on the internet. Because once it’s on there, it is not coming down. Keep the content engaging and enticing without overwhelming it with unnecessary editing. You want to get as many views as you can for it to become a career.
The final comment
The reel features have been especially helpful to marketers who wish to their market share. It is also perfect for introducing new products. However, it is also most useful for influencers to gain more engagement when they buy Instagram reels views. You may want to try a few trial reels to feel which gets the most views. Building a pattern based on likes and comments is a sure-fire way to gain a substantial social media following. You will become unstoppable as Instagram continues to launch more filters and features.